Monday 25 August 2014

Naked basics first impressions and swatches!

Hello my lovely readers!


So a few days ago I made a trip to Brighton with some friends, after a long day of walking it was around 5pm and raining. I had not bought anything all day so I thought 'Lets go to Debenhams, why not? What could possibly go wrong?' Nothing went wrong for me and my makeup needs (lol) but lets just say that my purse did not appreciate it that much.
I spent an hour at the Urban Decay counter but the girl at the counter was so lovely and informative. She gave me a urban decay wishlist and a pen, needless to say I found myself wanting a lot more products than I bargained for. I bought The Naked Basics palette, but I did want a lot more! The lovely lady also matched my skin to a foundation and gave a cute little sample! God I love talking about makeup.

For the Naked Noobs(Naughty):
Urban Decay has a very popular range called "Naked" which comprises of very neutral and natural looking products. The most famous products from this range are the Naked palettes,These are Eyeshadow palettes with 12 neutral shades varying from light to dark. There are around 2 matte shades in each palette. The Naked Basics palette is a compact with 6 eyeshadows - all matte with only one shimmer.





 First impressions:
Straight away I can tell these eyeshadows are super high quality - They feel like silk to the touch and swatch so smoothly (very pleasing might I add) They blend like a dream on the eyelid and I see a lot of potential looks I can create on my face. The second darkest colour (Faint) also looks lovely on my eyebrows, It looks much softer and more natural than a pencil and is a perfect colour match for the colour my eyebrows should be.

Thats all for this post - Expect more on this palette, I apologise in advance for when I can't shut up about it.






4 comments:

  1. this palette looks so gorgeous, i seriously need it in my life! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful! I definitely recommend it Rachel x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous post! Been meaning to get this for ages, but my birthday is coming up so I might just ask a family member if they'll purchase as a present ;) xo

    misslaurelleflower.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik