Sunday 17 August 2014

LIP CRAYON OBSESSION

Hi guys!
I just wanted to say a massive thank you for 50 followers on bloglovin! This has been my goal for a while now and having reached this makes me feel very proud, I hope you are all enjoying my posts as much as I am enjoying writing them! 

Now that soppiness is over and done with, let's get on with the actual post shall we?

Lately I have found myself magnetised straight to the lip crayons while shopping,  Don't ask me why, because I don't know. I'm quite behind on the trend but in the past month I have accumulated 3 lip crayons from different brands In the drugstore, so I thought I would share my thoughts and swatches with you lovely lot. 

Swatch 1 - MUA - Crazy in Love 
Crazy in love is a very sheer and moisturising dark raspberry colour, it has a minty scent and feels lovely on the lips. This is the most slippy formula of the three and I must admit, I don't like the way it looks on my lips. The formula is very slippy, as you can see on the lip swatch above, it applies very unevenly. I do like the colour though, so I have found a way to wear it. I apply the lip crayon as normal and blot it with a tissue, I then take some blusher (natural collection - peach Melba) on a brush and brush it over my lips. This gives a matte but not drying lip colour and I do really like the way it looks! You can buy Crazy in love for £3 in Superdrug.

Swatch 2 - Collection - Vintage Rose
Is a bubblegum pink with orangey coral tones, I love this shade but despite it not being a matte or dry shade, it really does settle into the fine lines and cling to any dry patches of your lips. No matter how much lip prep you do, it still will sink in to those fine lines. 
You can buy Vintage rose for around £3.99 at Boots and Superdrug

Swatch 3 - Revlon - Sultry
I really love the colour of this and the formula feels lovely too, not at all drying but does require some lip preparation, which is expected from a matte product. Similar to the MUA lip crayon, sultry has a  faint mint scent which is very pleasant while applying on the lips. I haven't had much of a trial period with this one so I will update you when I've tested it out properly.
You can buy Sultry for £7.99 at Boots and Superdrug.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik