Sunday 12 July 2015

Summer in two perfume bottles |TimewithYana

Hello lovelies!
Todays post is a guest post from Yana from TimeWithYana (http://timewithyana.blogspot.com/), I hope you enjoy!



In general my perfume collection consists of strong scents which I can't describe with one word as flowery, citrus, fruity, spicy and so on. The stronger the better. Do you know what I mean? Like, those girls whose perfume you can still smell even when she is not somewhere around. No one complained, though. Except my mum.
However, this summer I had some kind of 'click' in my head that made me put my favourite perfume bottles away and try out another ones. I was looking for something new and fresh. But every time I walked into the store, my subconscious led me to those dark scents that I had literally to slap me in the face to stop looking at them. So, I decided to ask a real expert aka my mum to help me. She is really into luscious and soft fragrances that I think I somehow need to steal her taste, because I partially agree my preferences are a bit too heavy for a sixteen year old girl.
The first shop we visited was Yves Rocher. They have a wide range of some good scents. I remember going through stage when their Vanille Noire Eau de Parfum was my huge obsession, but I gave up because it was so sweet, even for me. This time I grabbed Fraîcheur Végétale eau de cologne de Verveine. It was released quite a long time ago, crisp and light unisex fragrance. I am in love with its lemony-green notes. I am slightly a lemon maniac as well, so it is perfection for me! But there is one disappointing feature. I wish it had better lasting power. Therefore I needed another perfume that would build up and compliment this scent more.
I have to admit here comes my favourite part, it is Versace Versense. If you asked me to explained it by using Internet slang, I would go with asdfghjkl, too many feels. It belongs to perfumes that have personality of its own. Get what I mean? It is unique, sophisticated, intoxicating, sharp and smooth at the same time. I promise you, you will feel special whilst wearing it! I would say it smells like different citruses combined with figs and, what is more important, with lots of energy and vitality. Basically, for me it smells like summer, sunshine, adventures and holidays.

By mixing both perfumes, Fraîcheur Végétale de Verveine and Versense, I created my own summer scent. If I feel very sad and unmotivated, for example, in winter, I would spray them all over myself and relive my summer memories.

2 comments:

  1. It is so weird to see my post on someone else's blog haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Thank you for writing such a fab post x

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik